(This recipe serves 3 "lightly" with other additions. I sometimes double it. I didn't today because we only had 2 Eggs.)
1/4 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 c. White Flour
1 Tbsp. Rapadura (we omitted)
1/2 tsp. Salt
2/3 C. Raw Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Tbsp. Butter
1 1/4 lb. Apples just off the Tree (this morning, we used Jonathans which carried a taste of tart/sweet). I used 5 medium to large Apples. Apples should be cored and sliced. We leave Skins on.
1/8 c. Rapadura (we omitted)
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1. Set oven at 425 degrees. Adjust rack so that Apple Pancake will sit in the middle with even air flow all around.
2. Mix dry ingredients: Flours, 1 Tbsp. Rapadura (optional), Salt until evenly distributed. Set aside.
3. For liquid ingredients, beat Eggs. Add Raw Milk and Vanilla. Set aside.
4. Heat Butter in 10 Inch Cast Iron Skillet until bubbling. Add Apples, Rapadura (optional), and Cinnamon. Stir occasionally. Cook until Apples become slightly golden and slightly cooked. Stir in Lemon Juice.
5. Mix together #2 and #3 (Dry and Liquid Ingredients for the Pancake). No lumps please. Pour over Apple Mixture.
6. Bake in the same Cast Iron Skillet until Pancake is golden brown, puffy and springs back at the touch. (About 18 minutes). It will "deflate" after it cools. No problem.
7. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings. We use Butter, Maple or Sorghum Molasses, Pecans.